Wednesday, June 3, 2009

INNOVATIVE SETTING FOR FIBER ART EXHIBIT

Our monthly Fiber Arts Alliance meeting was held at Salon Blue Ridge where many members have work on display in this innovative design company in Flat Rock, NC.  This business is a complete source for kitchen and bath products.  

The facility is top of the line and a wonderful backdrop for art.  We are grateful to have such insightful and generous folks in this area who are willing to showcase our work.

  Black Tea with Lemon by Peggy O'Connor 
This is one of the first pieces I noticed as I walked into Salon Blue's spacious foyer - turned art gallery.  The tea cups are so realistic they literally jump out of the quilt!


A beautifully executed and designed piece by Martine House was displayed in a nook of one of the kitchen displays.
 
Meet Machinella by Martine House


If you live in the area and are in need of  tile, this is the place to go.  Isn't this tile wall Mosaic incredible?

This is just a minor view of the tiles available.  A very large room was devoted just to their tile selection.

And.....you could walk into their warehouse to personally select high quality granite.

I requested a farm sink for my kitchen when we were selecting fixtures for our house......our builder had no clue what I was talking about.  Maybe I was ahead of the style curve, because now 3 years later, apparently they are very popular.  I LOVE the look.  Note the back wall.....it's filled with faucet options.  Oh my.....this is the place I want to shop if we ever have the opportunity to build again.


No comments: