Sunday, October 12, 2008

WAYNESVILLE ART FAIR

Our closest town, Waynesville, is about 20 mins. away.  It has a charming downtown with lots of galleries, shops, restaurants.  What more could a gal ask for?

Every fall it's the site of an invitational art fair that's awesome.  A wide variety of high quality artwork, such as pottery, quilts, handwovens, baskets, yarns, beautiful turned wood bowls, jewelry, etc. is available direct from the artists.

This artist was demonstrating spinning and had lots of lovely yarns for sale.


When I got home and downloaded my photos, I was somewhat surprised that 90% of the photos I took were food related.  Hummmmm.  How Southern is this food stand??


And no Southern event could be held without BBQ.  This was quite the production and the smells traveled for blocks.

We were absolutely thrilled to learn that one of our favorite Bluegrass bands - Balsam Range -was playing.  Here grammy award winner, Mark Pruett is featured on the banjo. Each time I see cloggers, I vow I want to take lessons.....it looks like such fun.


The perfect ending after shopping and visiting our share of food stands is a final stop at the homemade ice cream stand.  'The husband' was intrigued by the engine....apparently it's called a '1 lunger'......which turned the blades in the wooden ice cream barrels.  However, I was far more interested in one of my favorite foods.....ice cream!!!

No comments: