Sunday, August 17, 2008

SOUTHERN LIVING GREEN HOME - PART 3

This is the final segment of the Southern Living Green Home tour....focusing on just some of the decor that still has my head reeling.  Believe me, I have a ton more photos......but honestly, you really just need to see it for yourself!!

Earlier, I showed a view of the custom iron bunk beds....here's another, taken from the entry of the children's loft at the top of the ladder.  This rug looks patchwork inspired to me.  Of course it could also inspire me to make a patchwork quilt.....something I haven't done for quite awhile due to my love affair with felted wool.  The slide show (top right) features some of the pieces currently for sale....email me directly if you'd like to add one to your collection.


The window covering in the kids room was really unique.  It consisted of 3" wide strips of heavy woven fabrics, unfinished edges, which were hung from a handsome iron curtain rod.

No two lamps were alike in the house......this is just one.

I really, really liked this piece.  Again, a patchwork appearance.....  It was made using recycled metal advertising signs.

Fiber wall pieces helped to soften the walls as well.  This is a Mija piece.  This husband/wife team collaborates to create involved abstract wall pieces using vintage cotton clothing.  They live in nearby Marshall, NC. 

   Pattiy Torno is another Asheville fiber artist.  This large quilt was displayed on a staircase wall.

These 10" ceramic tiles replaced the expected photo or framed art on the (bed) wall in the master bedroom.  Objects were embedded into each tile.  It's the work of Kathy Triplett.

 

I snapped photos of at least 5 other framed tile pieces that were sprinkled throughout the house.  Perhaps it too is the work of Triplett, sorry..... I'm unsure.



No comments: