Friday, January 25, 2008

Through A Quilter's Eye

I managed to amuse myself today, while 'the husband' and I attended the first of 3 days of the Rolex 24 Hour Race at Daytona Speedway, in Daytona Beach, FL.  I spent my time viewing the activities with a quilter's eye to detail.  24 Hours, which begins at 1:30 PM EST......means 24 hours of continuous racing, with various drivers (cute butt photos already taken and hope to post tomorrow....you all need something to look forward to!)  BUT.....24 hours of racing does NOT mean we stay at the track that long....we camp out at the Hilton and return early on Sunday morning.



Patchwork seats!!  The top is your traditional layout, squint and it's a 9 patch.....below is random patchwork in primary colors.


Now, here's something for the machine embroidery folks.....since we are Porsche lovers....we wear this crest proudly.


How about this design for applique??


NOW.....here's something we can all understand.  And my mission tomorrow will be to spot Dr. McDreamy.  The car he drove last year (as I recall) retired after about only an hour or two on the track.  He didn't even get his turn to drive.  Stay tuned.......  

No comments: